Saturday, May 9, 2020


Celebration of Word Environment Day, June 5, 2020.                       By Sudha Pai
All of us now have to pass through a very depressing and difficult times all over the world with Covid19 followed by lock down, stay at home, social distancing etc. We have to give a deep thought as to how far we are partly responsible for this kind of situation. Please read my earlier post ‘Nature VS Corona Virus’.
Today, I appeal well in advance to all my friends that we have to make all efforts to get back our lost paradise and the love of our supreme Mother Nature. I am humbled to see so many likes and equal number of appreciative comments from you on my work and articles posted on face book especially my blog  www.garbagetogardens.blogspot.in  and similar page on face book , Thank you all from my heart.
I am planning to start a Green Movement on the auspicious day of the World Environment Day on the 5th of June 2020. Let us all be together friends in this movement and make it a great success. I appeal and request you all to plant minimum one sapling of a tree of your choice in your surroundings. depending on the availability of space you may  plant even more .
What prompted me to start this movement was axing down of 2000 trees, in other words lives in Arae colony in the suburbs of Mumbai to put a railway shed for the Bullet train project. If it was a human massacre it would have been called genocide and we would have fought a war over it and legal actions must have been executed.  We humans do not realize that these trees are helping us to breathe oxygen the core essence of our life. We have been all through insensitive to such happening. Now a time has come to prevent such crimes
I am there with you all in this mission with my limited capacity as I am a senior citizen of 85yrs. Please do not worry about my age as you young people are there with me I never feel my age. So, let us go ahead and complete our mission as this is the need of the hour even though late, ‘Better to be late than never’’ Thank you all once again, when you are done please let me know in your comments just one word done, with love and blessings , GOD BLESS
My e mail id:  sudhaspai@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Urmila Rajadhyaksha said...

You are always an inspiration. The axing was for construction of a metro shed not the bullet train. That is still to come.

Having been blessed with a tropical and lush climate we have recently developed a casual attitude towards Nature's bounty and are now reaping what we sowed. While planting trees does not replace a forest it can be a small contribution and we should do this with trees native to the region we plant them in.

Norman Jade said...

hi